Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meeting my Literary Mom & Dad

I attended the 1st Philippine International Writers Festival at Pulungang Claro M. Recto, Bulwagang Rizal,UP Diliman. I came to observe, meet and listen to writers whose works I have read and admired. It feels good to be around with a crowd of intellectuals (feeling ko I'm also one hehehe!). The beautiful melody of Kolintang joined the murmuring of the audience and participants who were all lined up at the registration table. My friends and I spotted Dr. Marj after we have signed our name. She waved her hand to greet us. Beside her was the National Artist, F. Sionil Jose, who was wearing his signature hat with a black cane to match a simple elegant look. We managed to find a seat next to him intending to take some pictures. Dr. Marj was quick to introduce us to him as her students, and next thing we knew we were already shaking hands. He asked me what do I write,I said " Aside from grocery list and things to do, I am learning the art of lies and poetry" He chuckled and went back to my main intention: take a picture with him. =)

I met more writers like Butch Dalisay, Cristina-Pantoja Hidalgo, Gemino Abad, Tara FT Sering, Katrina Tuvera, Rio Alma, Beni Santos, Rebecca Anonuevo, Pete Lacaba,Sarge Lacuesta, Mookie Katigbak, Neil Garcia, Dr. Ronald Baytan, Dr. Isagani Cruz, Dr. Marj Evasco, whose literary work had been my inspiration for a more creative and artistic pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment