Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let me suffer alone

I am neither a churchgoer nor a devotee of any saints so I stayed home like my other usual Sundays. I checked my email, greeted friends on ym and search for new job ads. I chatted with Irish whose left hand is still in cast. We agreed to meet in Ortigas tomorrow for a walk-in application.t'

I supposed Sunday is always a lazy day. But what I like most about it is that our house is all quiet. It's the day of the week when people around the house hibernates. Every one else stays in their own room; tatay watches tv in the bedroom, Jerick plays PSP in his bedroom (headset plugged in his ear, in maximum volume), nanay works in the market on Sunday, Kuya helps her. And I, in my room of course, wrestling over a blank page, a sign outside the door that says "LET ME SUFFER ALONE!"

I just finished reading Alice Munro's A friend of my Youth. I noticed that her stories were more character driven rather than plot driven. I found it interesting... a lot of psychologizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment