Tuesday, January 13, 2009

charged to experience

Even without a day job, I felt dead tired like someone who has gone for work. Yesterday was exhausting. The series of exams and interviews took one day. The office is located at 9th floor Tektite Bldg. I applied for a Curriculum Developer position (sounds good eh?). If I would get the job, my responsibility is to draft a syllabus and design modules/lessons suitable for Koreans who wants to learn to write and speak English.

Irish came home with me last night. Yes I made it home. The 3 one hundred bills were spent, but the lose coins were intact. Irish was staying in Ortigas, a couple of cartwheels and few strides away from Tektite. So I guessed she must be so bored or she must be working on an experimental study - Ways to go to Ortigas: train, bus or van. Which is faster? cheaper? safer? - or perhaps preparing for her travel narrative in our Creative non-fiction class.

I learned that we both have Batangueno's descent in our blood. It was actually a delight to have her. My mother thought she was nice and cheerful, someone you can depend for a comic relief in a 'not so funny' day. I remembered her commentary about the lady in the office where we applied in. She said how much she wanted to do her(the lady's) make-up so that she'll be more presentable. Her comment was way too honest, but not necessary true. Later, we found out that the lady was the HR Head of the company. Irish couldn't believe it. We were laughing secretly in the waiting area. I knew Irish has somethiing to say. She was very natural and spontaneous, things I like most about her. Her youthful energy was contagious. We blended well regardless of our six years age gap. With her, there was no dead air. My listening skill was put to test (if you know what I mean).

At 6:30 in the morning, we were both set to go. We headed to the school library to do our research and reading. We then proceed to Ortigas after we had lunch. After we passed all the exams and interview, we thought we were good. But, turning down the offer made us even better. I thought it's good to set certain standards and stick to it because we have worked our way to earn what we are worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment