Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free Writing

I did one of the exercises in Newman's book "Writing from the Heart". It is a technique in which I write for a certain amount of time without stopping. Actually, the idea is not speed writing, but write continuously.

So here it goes

I am inside my room, lying on my stomach as I write this. I am trying to do at least two exercises from Newman's book each day. It is five minutes before 1 o'clock in the morning. My brother is still watching the inauguration of Barrack Obama on TV. He is the one who always tease me. I told him that I have a job interview tomorrow in Paranaque and asked him to give me some money. He went to his room to get his wallet and gave me fifty pesos."What!"I said, "How will i get back home with fifty pesos? I might not even reach the office with this." He just said "take it or leave it". So, I took it. I must sleep early tonight for the scheduled job interview tomorrow. He jokes about missing my 'shift' tonight. Remember he gave me the title of being the'lady guard of the house,' because I stayed up so late. He also thought that that I am living the life of such. Maybe he feels good when he is being mean to me or maybe he thinks he is being cute. I wonder when will he grow up or if he will ever grow up. He acts as if I am older than him. He doesn't feel embarrass of doing silly things like talking to himself or pretending of having a dialogue with my 2 years old nephew, who isn't with us and actually living in Dubai. He would call him(my nephew) "bebes" to mean baby facing a picture frame on top of our television set. That is just one of the silly things he does. He used to bug me to download music to his mp3. Now, he bugs me to find a job immediately, so I can buy him a PSP (slim Type). And what do I get in exchange? fifty pesos. Oh god! Please help me so I can buy my big brother his PSP, so he would stop calling me "the Vamp" (short for Vampire) or the " night-shift lady guard".

No comments:

Post a Comment