Saturday, March 7, 2009

To Find the Metaphor

I was thinking of doing a collection of poetry that goes on the theme of taboo, in a way, giving it a voice of existence. It was actually suggested by Dr. Marj. during one of our workshop classes. It started by composing 'When Thunder Strikes' followed by 'Candlewick'. Now I have to find a new metaphor and do the crazy little thing called poetry. Where to find it? that I do not know. Maybe I'll walk (with someone) around Manila, just like what Reg did to rub off the 'cabin fever', and try to feed my senses with things; the cobblestone street, the iron balconies of Intramuros or the well maintained grasses of its golf course, the tee girls while holding up big umbrella, the 'mani' vendors, the non stop jeepneys along the road, or I could just watch the ennui of the sky (still with someone).

Now I'd better find that someone(besides two is always better than one), then it would be nicer to find the metaphor together.

No comments:

Post a Comment