Monday, March 2, 2009

horror buff

My usual bonding moment with my brother happens every time we watch dvd, and it's a must that the movie is not only scary, but also disturbing with bloodcurdling scenes e.g. Wrong Turn, Saw I-IV, Mad House. This time, thank God, he chose a bit "tamer". It's a werewolf thriller, about 2 siblings bitten by werewolf and eventually acquired the sign of the beast (a 5 point end that reveals a star if you connect them) in the palm. I didn't find this kind of film amusing unless infused with some kind of romance or adventure, but my brother enjoyed it especially when he knew I'm watching. Aside from being a horror buff, I guess he's also a sort of a masochist, enjoying to see me miserable and disgusted over blood gushing through the victim's body. At the end, my indifference over horror film remained, but to see my brother engrossed and lost in this kind of world, I think, I might give it another chance. In fact, Underworld Evolution was the next dvd in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment